Friday, January 18, 2008

First Post

Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself. This blog is part of an ongoing project for my Diversity in Adolescent Literature class at Michigan State University. Throughout the semester I will be posting on things that are happening in my class, as well as my ideas and comments about my class, and the articles and books that I am reading. A little bit about me. I am a senior at MSU and am graduating during the first week of May. I'm majoring in elementary education with my concentration in language arts. There is nothing else that I would rather do in life over teaching. I love children, and cannot wait until next year when I have my own classroom. One of my passions is children's literature. Ever since I took my first children's literature class my sophomore year, I have re-fallen in love with children's books. I was a member of RADICAL for two years which was a book club of sorts that read and discussed children's lit and how we should implement it into our classrooms. Jackie LaRose who was my 448 teacher and who was the faculty member of RADICAL has inspired the way that I read and teach children's books. I already have over 350 books in my classroom library, what can I say, I love kids books. I am anxious this semester to explore diverse literature, and hope that it will teach me valuable lessons that I can implement into my teaching and classroom.

No comments: